Please download the Application and mail it to:
Denise Plemmons, Membership Secretary
20 Bethel Dr
Asheville, NC 28803
If you have questions regarding becoming a member, email: email@example.com
Dues are $25 a Household and $20 an Individual
Club Goals and Objectives
- Membership is open to anyone 18 years of age or older who is in good standing with the American Kennel Club, The Golden Retriever Club of America, and supports the goals and ethics of the Tarheel Golden Retriever Club. Memberships are offered for Individuals and Households. Associate memberships (non-voting) are also available. All members are encouraged to participate in 2 club functions annually. As a member of the club, by your application, you agree to:
- To promote and advance interest in the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike behavior at all events including but not limited to: agility trials, dog shows, field events, tracking tests and obedience trials.
- Educate the public in the selection, care, training, breeding of Golden Retrievers and responsible dog ownership.
- Promote and support the efforts of local Golden Retriever rescue groups.
- Annual Specialty Weekend offering conformation, obedience, rally and sweepstakes.
- WC/WCX Tests (Working Certificate/Working Certificate Excellent) along with a "warm-up test" the day before.
- Certificate of Conformation Assessment is held once or twice a year.
- Quartely meetings held in conjuction with a social get together.
- Fun Days to relax and just have fun activities with our goldens.